BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Catalyst Communications understands the numerous pressures facing government officials, both elected members and public workers, and recognizes the need for government organizations to seamlessly communicate with residents, businesses, municipal partners and other stakeholders. Our aim is to work collaboratively with municipal governments to create effective strategic communications plans, and offer in-depth training to elected officials.
Crisis Communications Planning
Crisis Communications are a key role of a municipal communications teams, although made difficult by the constraints faced by many small and mid-sized municipalities. Catalyst Communications specialists will conduct a review of your existing Crisis Communications Plan, with recommendations, or work with your municipality to develop a new plan, with strategies that include:
- Ensuring communications are delivered in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Determining, developing and communicating key messaging
- Ensuring that key messaging properly reaches residents and other potential stakeholders
- Establishing proper ongoing training for communications staff, elected officials and other internal personnel
- Retainer structure available for ongoing crisis communications needs
Elected Officials training
Municipal elected officials are at a distinct disadvantage in terms of communications upon entering the role, with few communities offering training specific to their needs as public servants. We offer proprietary training packages to suit your municipality’s needs and budget, and work to best position your municipality for success.
Sessions include training in media and public relations, digital media (including social media), key messaging, and ethical communications.
Please contact us for a full list of available tiered training options, as well as information on our retainer structure for elected officials.